Almost 90% of the women and children who come to SPP, from isolated rural areas, are undernourished. The SPP menu has been developed by a nutritionist and everyone gets five meals a day- three full meals and two snacks. Most beneficiaries rapidly achieve a standard Body Mass Index


A small number of beneficiaries who come to SPP are severely undernourished. A programme to help these women and children gain a healthy weight is run by the Public Health Department. They organise to give extra protein and vitamins (eggs, vegetables and seasonal fruits) to these beneficiaries and closely monitor them until they achieve a normal weight. Currently 22 of our children are on this programme.

Some statistics of the nutrition program:

Of the 54% of mothers and children who came to SPP underweight- 70% improved greatly during their stay and the other 30% showed a significant improvement.